Interactive Scene 1 (S1):
BFI-10 Statement: I see myself as someone who is outgoing, sociable.
Scene Summary: This score is calculated based on the amount of NPCs who the player has interacted with on the scene.
Interactive Scene 2 (S2):
BFI-10 Statement: I see myself as someone who tends to be lazy.
Scene Summary: The NPC (Sunny) asks the player if he wants to be his new morning exercise partner.
(1) YEAH, I’M ALL FOR IT!
(2) Well, I guess I can help you, since we’re friends and all.
(3) Do you really need me for this?
(4) Sorry, buddy, I work out enough at the mines as it is.
(5) No way, I’m too lazy for exercise.
Interactive Scene 3 (S3):
BFI-10 Statement: I see myself as someone who has few artistic interests.
Scene Summary: The NPC (Victoria) asks the player if he wants help with the decoration of next year’s festival.
(1) For sure. Count me in.
(2) I guess I can help…
(3) I promise to think about it
(4) Thank you for considering me, but I think I’ll decline.
(5) Not at all! / No way!
Interactive Scene 4 (S4):
BFI-10 Statement: I see myself as someone who gets nervous easily.
Scene Summary: The NPC (Pirate Captain) threatens to destroy the village along with your friends if you don’t comply with his demands.
(1) … (Do nothing.)
(2) We don’t want any trouble.
(3) You should apologize for threatening us and then get the hell out of here.
(4) Do you think we’ll just let this happen?
(5) WE’LL RUN YOU TO THE GROUND FIRST!
Interactive Scene 5 (S5):
BFI-10 Statement: I see myself as someone who tends to find fault with others.
Scene Summary: While trying to help the NPC (Lucinda), you talk to her son about his antisocial nature, preferences and how he is worrying his mother. He, then, opens up to you and asks if he is the only one at fault on this situation.
(1) I think she has the right to worry about you and you have the right to do what you want.
(2) I think you should be able to do what you want, but it wouldn’t hurt to compromise sometimes.
(3) I don’t think I would be the right person to judge that.
(4) It feels like this is your fault. She is just worried about you, like any mother would.
(5) This is obviously your fault, you are being extremely insensitive right now.
Interactive Scene 6 (S6):
BFI-10 Statement: I see myself as someone who is relaxed, handles stress well.
Scene Summary: The NPC (Pirate Captain) puts his threat into motion, sending his underlings to attack you and the villagers.
(1) Not on my watch!
(2) EVERYBODY, RUN!
(3) … (Do nothing.)
(4) Wait, stay calm, we can work this out!
(5) STOP, we’ll go with you!
Interactive Scene 7 (S7):
BFI-10 Statement: I see myself as someone who has an active imagination.
Scene Summary: The NPC (Clarence) and his friend (Aiden) are bored and ask the player for game ideas so they can play.
(1) I have no idea what to suggest you, kid.
(2) A ball game, maybe?
(3) I guess I would ask everyone at the party if I were you and see what idea is the best.
(4) Have you tried climbing up the miner statue?
(5) I used to just play make-believe stuff. Always had a pretty active imagination.
Interactive Scene 8 (S8):
BFI-10 Statement: I see myself as someone who does a thorough job.
Scene Summary: This score is calculated based on the amount of quests completed by the player.
Interactive Scene 9 (S9):
BFI-10 Statement: I see myself as someone who is generally trusting.
Scene Summary: The NPC (Witch) tries to play a prank on the player. She tells the player she had a magic feather capable of making objects fly, but the village’s kids stole it from her and threw it in one of the garbage cans. She asks you to look for it.
(1) Do you think I’m stupid? You just want me to put my hand in the trash.
(2) I’m not sure I believe, but it doesn’t matter. This seems a waste of time even if it’s true.
(3) Honestly, I don’t know if I believe you or not.
(4) That sounds great and all, but I’ll only check one trash can!
(5) I’m on it!
Interactive Scene 10 (S10):
BFI-10 Statement: I see myself as someone who is reserved.
Scene Summary: The NPC (Clarissa) decides to ask the player about his past and how he ended up getting to the village when he was a kid. The longer the player divulges about his past, the lower the score.
(1) I still feel guilty about that, which is why I don’t like to talk about it.
(2) My parents were looking for me when they got killed.
(3) I was afraid, so I hid in a lifeboat.
(4) They killed everyone.
(5) It was a pirate attack.
Extraversion = S1 + S10R
Agreeableness = S9 + S5R
Conscientiousness = S8 + S2R
Neuroticism = S4 + S6R
Openness = S7 + S3R
- The letter R denotes reverse-scored items (i.e.: reversed score = 6 – score).